Tuesday, April 15, 2008

strrreeeeeessss

ARGH
James has a chest/head cold combined with season allergies and it's insane. He was diagnosed at the doctor's this morning ..after about 5 days of his symptoms getting worse and worse. As I type this, he's in his sleep coughing NONSTOP (maybe a 30 second break in between each cough episode) and whimpering.. :( This is the second night where it's gotten to it's worst and nothing is helping. I've given him Ibuprofen and a cough and cold antihistamine/suppressant..hooked up the cool mist humidifier close to his bed..(attempted) to prop up his head even though he keeps scooting downwards (poor guy) and nothing is helping. At least from what I can tell.
*sigh*
I just don't know.
He hasn't had a decent night's..okay..scratch that..he shares his room with Natalie so pretty much no one, but especially him, have gotten a decent night's sleep in almost a week.
I am tired.
Exhausted.
Beyond exhausted.
So exhausted I can't even think straight and I can't believe I'm even typing this post because not many people will read this. So, I'll look back on this entry and hopefully say "wow..he was sick but got better fast!"
And all in the back of my mind I wonder.."hmm..we go to Tampa in a week.... will Natalie get it and get better in time for flying?"
And now it's a 50-50 chance.
Damn germs. This happens everytime we travel. EVERY.single.time. Someone gets sick and feels crappy the whole time.
I just want James better. This is breakin' my heart.... I hope that maybe the cool mist humidifier is making it sound worse because maybe it's actually starting to break up the nasty stuff (post nasal stuff). God this sucks....

No comments: