Saturday, April 14, 2012

end of the week ramblings.

**Natalie needed a new bathing suit. For her birthday, she wants to visit the recreation center pool for the day and her old bathing suit is really small now. She chose a purple bikini, in her words.. "so I can wear a bra."

**James had a HUMUNGO meltdown this afternoon because he was really angry and frustrated because his world was crashing down on him: I wouldn't give him his 5th gold star for staying dry all night. A 5th star = picking out a present. But he couldn't understand how having an accident and going through 3 pairs of underwear and sheets and in one night, unfortunately, doesn't allow the gold star achievement. I gave him a big hug and told him how proud I am of him for trying and that just made him more angry. He fell asleep (YES TOOK A NAP OMG) and forgot about the whole mess.

**We have officially filed for bankruptcy. Our thick packet was turned in earlier in the week. If everything goes as planned, we should be complete by mid-July and debt-free. I don't even comprehend that. Nope.


**Natalie joked about how my side of the closet looks like daddy's. I asked her "so you can't tell that my side is right here?" She of course LOLed and said "no..it's daddy's".
(she's right, my side does look like a guy's..... and that's no good.)

**I was just sitting here typing and had no idea that Natalie was standing next to me staring at me. I have no idea how long she's been there.

**This week was the husband's 1st week back to school full time. I think I saw him for a total of 2 hours (awake) the whole week. There are a few nights where he's only able to get about 4 1/2 hours of sleep until he starts the whole process over again the next day. I could not do what he does. But he's happy, sleepy, and just really happy. He's been eager to continue and start the 3rd semester for months now. He is slated to graduate with his AOS degree after next spring!

**This morning we were very fortunate to be able to attend the Make a Wish "Cookie Chase" 5k race (they even had a family fun run). Make a Wish asked Natalie and James to hand out medals to the participants as they crossed the finish line. I was so happy to see a huge turnout. Every person racing means more money that they can use to grant wishes for kids like Natalie. I felt kind of bad really bad that both of my kids whined and cried that they didn't want to help out once we got there. After filling them up with cookies, cheese, and juice they handed out a few medals. Next year, we are definitely going to participate in the race! They even gave the kids cool tie-dye t-shirts for helping out.


**We're having another issue with yet another kid in James' class. I won't get into too much detail because I oozed my frustration and extra cuss words onto my Facebook page. Long story short, a kid punched James in the nose on purpose and caused him to have a bloody nose. He's fine now. But once I came home and talked to their daddy about it all, we've come to the conclusion that I need to speak to the school principal and demand that either this other kid get suspended, or something equivalent. Whatever that means. I don't even want to meet the kids parents. I have nothing to say to this kids parents. I just want the principal and the teacher to handle it instead of sweeping it under the rug like they did. I also have to show James that mom and dad aren't playing around when it comes to helping protect him. We can only do so much, but I'll do everything I can to make sure that he knows that we'll help fix the problem. I know that James internalizes everything.. and I know that this incident bothers him.

**Natalie keeps calling me "sweetie" and "sister" to get my attention. I don't know why.

**I took Natalie to Tarjay to check out the toy section to get ideas about what she wanted for her birthday. After drooling over some toys and a purple bike, we stop by the exercise section so I could check the DVD selection. Standing there and admiring the yoga DVDs and yoga gear, I glance over to the 50% off easter candy sale section across the way. You can pretty much figure out what happened after that. 'Scuse me while I go and throw away my mini peanut butter cup wrappers.

**I'm quickly inching back upwards to that 3 digit number with a 2 in front of it NOTGOODNOTGOODNOTGOOD. But, I know what I have to do. I'm just not doing it.

**Remember the fava bean? It's now DOUBLED IN SIZE. Actually, it's almost tripled. I don't know what to do with this monster.



No comments: